Dana G. Kirk
Dana G. Kirk is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for his professionalism and ethics.
Board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in both Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law since 1980.
Education and Academic Honors
- Southern Methodist University, J.D., 1975
- Southern Methodist University, B.B.A., 1971
- Order of the Coif
- Barristers Honorary Society
- Editor-In-Chief Southwestern Law Journal, 1974 – 1975
- Phi Delta Phi Law Fraternity
- Johnson, Swanson & Barbee Scholarship
- Best Law Review Article in Texas Award, 1975
Tried as lead counsel over 100 cases.
Represented plaintiffs in cases involving commercial disputes, contract claims, personal injury, products liability, railroad litigation, toxic tort litigation, banking litigation, pharmaceutical claims, legal malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, oil and gas litigation, environmental pollution, nuisance, trespass, Uniform Commercial Code claims and many more.
Defended corporations such as General Motors, Hoescht Celanese Corporation, Aetna Insurance Company, Employer’s Casualty Insurance Company, Coca Cola, Union Pacific Railroad and many others.
- Law Clerk to Honorable John R. Brown, Chief Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1975
- Associate Attorney, Fulbright & Jaworski, 1975 to 1983
- Partner, Fulbright & Jaworski, 1983 to 1985
- Partner, Kirk & Carrigan, 1985 to 1992
- Kirk Law Firm, PLLC 1992 to present
- Elected to Best Lawyers in America
- Elected to Texas Super Lawyers
- Elected to Best Lawyers in Houston
- Elected to Super Lawyers Business Litigation
- Life Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Lawyer – Martindale Hubbell
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- College of State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Foundation
- Fellow Houston Bar Foundation
- Fellow Texas Bar Foundation
- Served on the Texas State Bar Rules Committee
- Served as Special Counsel to the State Bar of Texas Disciplinary Matters
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Mississippi
- State Bar of Oklahoma
- State Bar of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- Supreme Court of the United States
Request Your Free Case Evaluation
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO RECEIVE A FREE CONSULTATION.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO OBLIGATION.
440 Louisiana Street, Suite 2400
Houston, TX 77002