Commercial litigation refers to any type of litigation related to business disputes and issues. For example, fraudulent trade practices and the misuse of intellectual property are two issues that may result in commercial litigation. The Kirk Law Firm, PLLC handle all aspects of commercial litigation – contracts, business formations, business dissolutions, and all other financial arrangements. If you are involved in any type of business dispute, it is in your best interest to seek legal counsel immediately. Contact Kirk Law Firm, PLLC today.
Types of Commercial Litigation
- Deceptive or Fraudulent Practices – When a company misrepresents its products or services, it should be held accountable. Consumer protection laws exist to protect consumers, other companies, and investors. If deception or fraud can be proven, the plaintiff may be entitled to compensation for damages and legal fees.
- Misuse of Intellectual Property – Types of protected intellectual property include copyrights, trademarks, and patents. If a valuable trade secret is shared outside of its designated confines, the individual or company that violated its secrecy may be found liable in a court of law. Intellectual property is an extremely complex area of the law. In order to constitute a violation, several factors are taken into consideration. These include the information’s value, the ease with which it can be obtained by outside sources, and whether reasonable efforts were in place to protect its secrecy.
- Antitrust and Trade Litigation – Issues such as price discrimination, monopolization, trademark infringement, business and distribution arrangements, and criminal violations of antitrust laws all fall under the umbrella of antitrust and trade litigation.
- Violations of Securities Law – When deceptive practices are discovered in connection with the purchase or sale of mutual funds, stocks and bonds, and any other type of securities, it can result in both civil and criminal litigation.
- Breaches of Contract – Contract breaches can occur for myriad reasons, including vendor disputes, real estate transactions, and written or verbal agreements to provide goods or services.
- Employment Disputes – Disputes between employer and employee can occur for just about any reason. However, the most common issues involve discrimination, pension benefits, and overtime pay.
Kirk Law Firm, PLLC – Resolving Houston’s Commercial Litigation Matters
Commercial disputes can be easy and uncomplicated, or they can be long, drawn out matters that take multiple years to resolve. If you are involved in any type of business or corporate dispute, the attorneys at the Kirk Law Firm, PLLC can help. Our skilled commercial litigation attorneys have extensive experience in all facets of corporate and business law, including non-compete agreements, product liability, and government contracts. We will evaluate the details of your case to determine the best legal strategy for moving forward. Our litigators understand that when your business is on the line, your reputation and financial future likely are as well. We will fight to protect your rights and help you resolve your issue in a timely, efficient manner. Don’t try and figure things out on your own. The wrong move could cost a lot more than you think. Contact the Kirk Law Firm,PLLC today for a free consultation about your case.
What our clients are
I would like to say the Kirk Law Firm went above and beyond their duties as my attorney. I searched long and hard to find an attorney to take my case. After being turned down by 4 of the larger Law Firms in the Dallas/Ft Worth area I contacted the Kirk Law Firm and they were meeting with me the following morning. They did a fantastic job representing me and got me a larger settlement than I had ever dreamed of. They are a great group of Attorneys.
I have been very pleased with the law services of Dana Kirk. I highly recommend the professional services of KIRK LAW FIRM, PLLC.
I was represented by the kirk lawfirm, a couple of year ago. I was injured on the job, back in February 2017. Which caused me head trauma and 2 surgeries for torn rotator cuff, which wasn't successful. I was worried about, what my future would be like. Being in my 60,s. I am married and just adopted my grandkids. I was looking for a lawyer and was fortunate to have stumbled upon, Dana Kirk and his lawfirm. I and my family were treated with compassion and respect. From his personal secretary to his associates all were very professional and knowledgeable about injury law. They negotiated a settlement for me, which has made me able to take care of my family. I highly recommend them and I'll always think of them as friends, who gave me my life back.